Skip to main content

RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K

RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K

Intro

Hello and welcome back to another article, in this one my friends, I am going to be testing the Geforce RTX 3060 ti in New World, and guys this game is breaking some 30 series GPU. So, if you have a 3060 ti or something like 30 series don't play it, for now, just wait for a fix because it's apparently not fixed yet, and it's breaking a lot of 3090s and some 3060 ti's as well. 

I am really scared, but all right this one is a Founder's Edition version of the card, and I am running it using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12 at the time of writing this article. I am not overclocking it, of course, like that's a bad idea in New World. Anyways, I am running it using a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 gigabytes of RAM as usual.


1080p


Let's get into it, shall we? I am playing at 1080p first, and I think this can do very high settings just fine, so, I am going to set it to that, and max FPS is set to 60, and again I would keep them at 60 if it wasn't for the benchmarking, but well a benchmark with kept FPS is not a good benchmark. So, okay here we go, that little stutter scared the heck out of me guys. I am here as I am telling you GPU utilization is not maxed out at the moment at 1080p very high, and maybe things are still loading, no it's just this area. It seems to be intensive, that's good because we can spend a little bit more time at 1080p. Since the GPU is not fully maxed out, I am getting a few stutters, and I am not looking I am not liking that too much, to be honest, but yeah this area is a little bit more demanding than the starting area with all of the vegetation and stuff. 


I am going to get out of there now, as we've seen that it doesn't drop from 60, and it has some very bad stutters here at very high settings in 1080p resolution. Not sure why? I am just going to guess, and it's that area being CPU bound that causes the stutters because if I turn around I am getting 98 to 97 of GPU utilization. So, I am not CPU bound anymore and the frame time is much smoother, and I am a little bit scared right now because of that GPU utilization. Hopefully, I am not going to burn anything today, still good, and if you want to minimize the stuttering issues locking the FPS to 60 is also a really good idea. If you have something other than a 5900X or like a Ryzen 5 5600X or the latest Intel i5, 7's i9 CPUs you're not going to see these FPS as you saw. 


RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K

RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K



We were CPU bound in the town area, so, that is pretty bad because I thought the optimization was better CPU-wise, and they listed a Ryzen 5 1400 as the recommended requirement CPU, so it is kind of weird that it drops down in like the 70s and 80s even with the 5900X. It bottlenecks the 3060 ti, but outside of there, well as I am telling you it's getting good FPS. If I look back, though at 70% GPU utilization once again, and 100 FPS I think that area will be super intensive with a slower CPU that's for sure. 


I got to test the i7 3770k actually, and see how well it does with something like a GTX 1660 ti, and not putting the RTX 3060 ti at risk twice at least, but you know what I think? 

I think that's enough for 1080p, and I am here in the forest area which is more GPU bound as I am telling you and it's doing an amazing job, of course, as expected. I think it's stuttering way less as well because I am not CPU bound anymore, and yeah that's it I am going to stop it and bump it up to 1440p.


1440p 


So, here we go, this is it very high settings at 1440p, still with uncapped FPS, and I am still getting around 100 FPS in this forest area. We lost like 30 frames maybe 40. Pretty good stuff, it's looking really beautiful right now, and the stutters are still there by the way, as I am telling you 99% GPU utilization there. The temperature is quite good at 65 degrees Celsius, so, maybe it's going to be fine. It might be fine, and I hope it is, I am not even sure if this card has a warranty because well it was sent by Nvidia, and I don't know if they will send me another one if I break it. 


As I am telling you GPU utilization is not maxed out anymore, even with the stutters, and stuff, I think this is a very pleasant experience in an RPG game like this one. I don't think you need very stable FPS, of course, it's great whenever you have it, but I played my fair share of RPGs like 10 years ago with like 25 FPS, and I was fine with that experience and stuttering issues as well. So, I would obviously stay away from it with all of the stuttering issues, and I wouldn't say that it's playable with those, but again it's an RPG game, and you don't really need quick reactions, and aiming down sights and stuff like that. 


RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K
RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K

Also Read GTX 750 ti in New World | Performance of GTX 750ti in New World

Be precise with your aim just going to get to the city here, it seems like we are fully GPU bound now, at 1080p we were seeing it dropping down into like 70 80 per cent GPU utilization but now it's at 99 per cent. So, yeah I think 1440p is definitely the way to go with the 3060 ti in this game, and it looks gorgeous at very high settings, and it plays well 90 FPS on average is just amazing for a game like this. 61 on the one per cent lows oh it dropped there by the way yeah as I am telling you GPU utilization is going down, and the FPS are in the 60s if this game will break this review. 


4K


It's now okay with 2160p very high settings, and it's still getting pretty good FPS. Although whenever I look in that direction fast for some reason there is a big stutter, let's start counting our frames. I am not going to be CPU bound at all at 4k resolution using very high settings, and getting 40 something FPS here in this area. This is super nice, and it drops into the 30s at times, but you know what? Whenever they fix the game-breaking GPUs issue, I think some of you with the 3060 ti will be happy playing it at 4k because again it's an RPG title. 


RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K
RTX 3060 ti in New World || at 1080p, 1440p, and 4K


I would be fine with like 30 plus FPS all of the time, and this is definitely it, it's 40 plus most of the time. That's extremely intensive, so, this is more of a forest area right here with more vegetation and stuff, and it seems like it's still doing a really good job even at 4k. 4k medium should actually be above 60 FPS. I think that might be enough for a New World with the 3060ti. I hope you guys enjoyed it, and I am happy about it. I'll catch you in the next one very soon tomorrow, and yeah as always love you all bye-bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in  Battlefield 2042 Beta Intro Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a  Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.