Skip to main content

Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

Intro

Welcome back to another Article, today my friends I’m going to be testing the Geforce GT 1030 GDDR5 in Red Dead Redemption 2 and this is actually going to be a retest because the game has been getting performance optimization patches and stuff like that, so it runs a lot better now than it did back when I tested this GPU the last time around. So, this one is the MSI Aero version of the card and we're running it with a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigs of the ram of course you don't need these specs to not wear like a GT 1030 and get the same FPS you'll get the same FPS with the Ryzen 3 1200 and 8 Gigs of RAM in dual channel.

Let's go over the settings, I’m going to be playing this one at 1080p as well as 900p which is 1600 by 900, and 1280 by 720 which is 720p.


At 1080p


Starting at 1080p of course and as you can see we're going above our VRAM limitations two Gigabytes on 1030 you know that's because we are using the high textures over here texture quality set to high everything else is set to the lowest settings as you can see medium TAA by the way instead of off because it makes the image look a little bit better especially in this game. But yeah everything else on the lowest settings I’m not expecting much at 1080p the textures don't lower your FPS that much.

 

What the heck is this it seems like they're not even here yeah they were still loading oh my god okay you know what maybe since this is completely unplayable I’m just going to check it out with the texture set to low okay for those of you that want to change your settings you know because the game doesn't allow you to with 1030 at least at 1080p you got to go to Rockstar games Red Dead Redemption 2 settings and system.xml, you just open that with whatever you want aside from like steam and stuff like that.


Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030
Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

Find the texture quality setting there, here we go it's set to high just got to type low okay so as you can see with the low textures we're still above our VRAM limit at 1080p resolution which is kind of a shame but well that's what you get with two Gig Cards these days. We're running the Vulcan API because it doesn't make a difference you know DirectX 12 Vulcan they both run within like two percent of each other. There we go my friends I told you that the textures don't make that big of a difference in this game in terms of FPS and yeah we gained about like 1 or 2 frames from setting it to low instead of high. 


Now, it looks like crap so yeah it kind of did look like crap before as well, you pick your poison you know if you want those two extra frames to go for it but I think I’m going to test the next resolutions with the texture set to high so 1080p is basically out of the question all right my friends.

Click to read CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?.


At 900p


We're now at 1600 by 900 using the high settings again and the same lowest settings on everything else except the TAA sharpening or Anti-aliasing. Whatever, all right guys so 1600 by 900 is approaching a playable area you know if you lower the textures too low you might be able to get around 30 FPS maybe like 29 again you get like one or two more FPS not really that big of a deal, but you know what at least now we can just run around we can reach 30 FPS at times it looks okay you know if you have a 900p monitor, of course, it will look good and sharp and detailed.


 But I have a 1440p monitor 32 inches so 900p looks pretty bad in my opinion but anyways 25 you know what considering that cyberpunk runs at like 15 FPS on consoles and some people are playing it like that. Some people are playing it like that uh I think this is somewhat playable to somebody I don't know look at those textures, by the way, it still takes a while to load some of the textures well I mean this is a rare treat. 


Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030
Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

Arthur comes on, I don't care let's go, Roach, I got my boy Roach with me I don't care about you guys yep okay so basically we are just outside of Saint Denise which is more intensive than the actual city so yeah these forest areas are very intensive in this game. 


So, yeah 900p although it could be worse, to be honest, it's still doable I don't know what they've done to this game, but uh they've improved the frame time consistency so much since the last time that I tested this. It feels okay and it still feels kind of responsive at these FPS like 25 which is crazy, you know but yeah it's true I mean it could be playable for somebody.


At 720p

 

High Textures


Finally guys we're at 1280 by 720 resolution using the same settings as you can see and I hope that it stays above like what 28 FPS you know 30 plus FPS on average and 28 FPS 1% lows that would be great. There's my Roach what the heck is that guy doing but well let's start counting our FPS and it seems like it is way more playable now, is the fishing? I can't see oh okay yeah so that what happens my friends with two Gigabyte cards these days or maybe it's just because everything is set to the lowest setting. 


The render distance is not that good so moving on I’m just going to go into the forest, dense forest area first to see our frames there, the game is still not looking too bad especially if you have a smaller monitor it might look good and I think it's a little bit better than at release it's much better in terms of the responsiveness of your mouse input and stuff it's a lot better as well in terms of the stuttering because it has zero stuttering issues right now. 


Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030
Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

I’m so sorry rabbit has zero stuttering issues right now I’m kind of a little bit impressed about this performance here on the GT 1030 they've done a good job foggy weather doesn't affect your FPS too much by the way let's try to get to the city why the heck is it like this like seriously I’d like it very much if I could see something in front of me. 


There's that I've never seen this kind of weather before oh boy okay FPS dropping into the 20s now so it seems like the city areas affect some cards more than others it blinked there. What the heck? but yeah with 1650 we saw that FPS were lower in forest areas than inside of Saint Denise but this is like oh gosh what am I doing boy okay this is very intensive for 1030. it might be because of the VRAM I don't know really but it shouldn't be, it is very interesting my friends you know what I’m going to do I’m just going to restart the game for the 4th or 5th time.


At 720p Low Textures


Let’s try it out at low textures to see if it makes a difference because it was a little bit stuttery and finally we are at 720p using the lowest settings basically with TAA anti-aliasing steel because if you don't use that setting, to be honest, it looks really bad. Okay, we're back here, of course, Arthur is I don't know what he's doing, it's what is it daytime now no okay that looked like the daytime what so yeah textures do make a difference especially in lower-end cards it's very interesting to see the different behaviors in different cards.


 I don't think we're going to get Roach back, unfortunately, uh, you're going to die buddy oh my God that was so bad 30 FPS is not that good it did drop from 30. I should have seen the last episodes of Mandalorian oh god it's dropping from 30, Roach let's keep on moving please don't stop now, the other guy's stuck the guy's cool he was completely stuck. Okay, all right let's go Roach on moving please oh my gosh so many people please just leave me alone. 


Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030
Is RDR2 playable on GT 1030? | Red Dead Redemption 2 on GT 1030

I oh god okay this is hard with 30 frames. Let's count our frames, so again outside of town forest areas low 30s it's very similar though here with GT 1030. Nighttime might be slightly more intensive now that I think of it you know because on high textures we weren't seeing it dropped from 30 and it was more around like 34 35 most of the time around here.


It might be like the shadows in the lighting different lighting here at night. Thank you very much for reading this article and it would have proven itself to be informative and enjoyable, and I hope you guys enjoyed it don't forget to comment below if you have any queries. I'll catch you guys in the next one very soon love you all bye-bye.


Also Click to read RX 570 in Call of Duty Vanguard Beta 1080p All settings- Low, Medium, High and Ultra.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in  Battlefield 2042 Beta Intro Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a  Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.