Skip to main content

Is 2 GB VRAM enough for Battlefield 2042? || Best settings for GT 1030 in Battlefield 2042

Is 2 GB VRAM enough for Battlefield 2042? || Best settings for GT 1030 in Battlefield 2042

Intro

Hello and welcome back to another article in this one I am going to be testing the Geforce GT 1032 Gigabyte GDDR5 version of the card in Battlefield 2042 Beta, and I am running it using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. I am also not overclocking this card as I am telling you right here because this is already factory overclocked, it's the MSI Aero version, and I am running it, as usual, using a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM.

720p

So, let's get right into it, shall we? Here we are, and I am getting 30 FPS here around that, in this starting scene which means that it's kind of similar to what the 1050 ti got at 1080p that was like 5 frames faster here. So, this makes me think that it could be playable, and I am only going to test 720p resolution in this one, by the way, the lowest resolution in the game is 1024x768 which pixel count wise is almost the same as 720p.

 

It's only like a couple of frames faster, and of course, I am utilizing the lowest settings possible over here, as I am telling you now I was looking for a resolution scale slider but I can't find one here, although we got dynamic resolution scale which we can enable, it's not working in the Beta, so, it doesn't do anything. As I am telling you if I enable that I am still getting the same FPS here all right, here we go now, guys oh my God! That's awful so the problem here is the VRAM as far I have seen. 


What is happening here? What the hell? well, so as we've seen in the previous article that I made here in Battlefield 2042 the GTX 1050 ti was also a complete mess at 1080p resolution because it only has 4 gigabytes of VRAM, but it seems like a 1080p resolution at least during this bait 4 Gigabytes of VRAM is not enough, and you will actually need to drop the resolution to 900p or 720p for the game to be smooth, and well 1030 only having 2 gigabytes of VRAM is a massive issue in this one. 


Is 2 GB VRAM enough for Battlefield 2042? || Best settings for GT 1030 in Battlefield 2042
Is 2 GB VRAM enough for Battlefield 2042? || Best settings for GT 1030 in Battlefield 2042


As I am telling you the game could be a little bit smoother with around like 20 maybe 30 FPS GPU utilization is at 100% usage sometimes, and it's still only good for like 16-15 frames per second. So, maybe even if we had enough VRAM this wouldn't do a very good job, and I would like to have the RX 550 4 Gigabyte model of the card so, we could see if performance-wise GT 1030 in this game, oh come on, I was almost getting one dude that was so close, performance-wise the RX 550 is very similar to the GT 1030, and I think that having those extra two gigabytes of VRAM would make it a lot more playable at least it would remove the stutters completely at 720p.

 

Also Click to read Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti 


I could play the game sort of at 20 25 FPS or 20 to 30 most of the time, and I would still not recommend it obviously you should not buy this game if you have a GT-1030, but yeah I would probably be able to do something like killing that guy for example if the VRAM was enough, but I can't do anything right now. I think this is going to be a really small article guys at least we got one with the help of our boy here. Let's revive him if I can, I hope I can revive you, dude. 

Come on, it worked now. Why is there a guy standing there? That is super weird hello kind sir how's it going? The posing beautiful Beta problems got to love it guys. I will be back, of course whenever the game releases to test out the GT 1030 again so I hope you enjoyed this article, and I will catch you in the next one very soon, love you all bye-bye.  

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in  Battlefield 2042 Beta Intro Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a  Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.