Skip to main content

CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

Intro and Specs

Hello and welcome back to another article with this one my friends we're going to be testing the Geforce GT 240 Gigabyte DDR3 in CSGO. It's in that PC right there which has an i7 3770k CPU with 16 Gigabytes of DDR3 clocked at 1600 megahertz and you can see the GPU showing up right there in MSI Afterburner with the drivers and the clock speeds and the specs of the computer once again i7 3770k it's overclocked to 4.4 Gigahertz having 16 Gigabytes of RAM. 

At 1080p


Let's get into it, shall we? let's go for the settings now we're playing it at the 1080p resolution we're also going to test this one at 900p 720p possibly 800x600. Since a lot of people play like those low settings of course because it's a competitive title over on the audio settings I disabled the 3D audio processing because it consumes a lot of resources on your CPU, so if you want to max out your frames do that so oh my god the input lag is crazy high.


CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?
CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

Yeah, I don't see it as a playable experience here in CSGO unless you want to be silver for your entire life, if you throw a smoke your fps will drop even further so I don't recommend 1080p resolution with a 240. I think however it's doing a much better job than it did back one or two months ago because they have kind of fixed the game a little bit, but yeah no point in playing it at the 1080p resolution in my opinion. 


All right what do you want what very scientific smoke test number one 1080p okay drops from 30 by quite a bit as you can see it's not good I yeah I don't like this inside of the smoke you get the 90s at the edge of it low 20s not good.


At 900p


1600 by 900 still with the low settings of course and I am going to test some smokes in this article as well we can start counting our frames because now I think it is kind of a decent experience and I can't feel major input lag, although it's still there. For some reason, it started stuttering like hell like did you see that frame time graph it was awful, there we go okay guys so I think this is pretty bad like every time I start shooting there in short it's just so bad I don't know why the input lag is crazy no why?


CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?
CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

It's so hard to control this like the 1% lows show that this is not a smooth experience whatsoever and you can see it by the frame time graph as well. It's not the best, it's playable, I am playing the game after all but you're not going to play at the competitive level like this unfortunately, another one here you just spawned.


Yeah, 900p is not smooth at all guys all right let's stop it there a very scientific smoke test at 900p resolution it's pretty bad guys, it's yep don't throw smokes in competitive mode at 900p. It's not worth it unless it is to stay inside of the smoke in that case it's good.


At 720p


All right 720p everything else still the same let's start counting our frames there we ah from behind that's the guy that we need to kill with the knife, I’m going to do it guys I mean it's the night it's now or never now come on oh what a noob can't even take a knife fight is he still camping in that same spot? guys that's not him. There's still way too much frame time variation that's for sure I can't, I just it's so frustrating guys sometimes I can't control it other times just gets way too stuttery.


Well, that's the experience where you're wondering if you should buy one of these cards for cheap, uh to play CSGO with because CSGO is or used to be a light game to run you know very easy to run, just don't it's not very enjoyable. We're still in the first place though but I died way too many times now granted. I was changing resolutions as well but oh my Goodness! I’m done with this. We got a knife kill, all right that's it we won that somehow. 


CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?
CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

Now it's time for the scientific smoke test at 720p here we go it drops from 30 guys it drops from 30. This is a casual match though as always, lots of people if you get inside of the smoke however you get 100 plus at the edge of it yeah 30s and 20s are not very good isn’t it?


At 800 by 600


Finally, 800 by 600 resolution 4x3 I’m not going to test this one 1024x768 because it performs almost the same as 720p doesn't matter if the screen is stretched or with black bars or whatever the pixel count is, what matters in this resolution has almost the same pixel count as 720p it's pretty close so doesn't change much everything else still the same here. So, now we're getting quite high frames as you can see it still stutters though so it's still not smooth and perfect but well it's a heck of a lot better than what we saw so far. 


So, input lag is a lot better than what it was before, playing at 800 by 600 with the GT 240 because it is way more consistent I’m liking this now. That's so bad, so sometimes I screw up but that's just because I haven't played this game in a while, it's not too bad maybe that was just me you know being bad. It's pretty playable now. 

CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?
CSGO on GT 240 | Is CSGO playable on GT 240?

I mean yeah it still stutters sometimes has some slowdowns but I could happily play like this choose the 800 by 600 resolution as well. I am bad with the 720p resolution or higher it's just stuttered way too much oh massive stutter, by the way, it's not completely fixed but it's good it's way better and now I can play it.

Also Click to read COD Vanguard On GT 1030- All settings | Can GT 1030 play COD Vanguard?

800 by 600 perfect resolution for this card scientific smoke test finally at 800x600, it still drops from 60 frames but you know still enjoy it. It's good I think I would play like this fine and that's been it for GT 240 today in CSGO and thank you very much for reading this article hope you guys enjoyed it don't forget to comment below your queries if you have any, and I'll catch you in the next one very soon as always love you all bye-bye.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in  Battlefield 2042 Beta Intro Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a  Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.