Skip to main content

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Intro

Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta, and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

1080p Low Settings


So, let's go over the settings first I’m playing at 1080p resolution using the low settings right now, but we're also going to test this one at medium-high and ultra. Alright, so let's spawn in, usually, this game stutters a little bit at the beginning, so, yeah don't mind those frame time spikes. I’m going to wait a little bit until everything loads in properly, and then I’m going to start counting our frames, this game is only utilizing 4.2 gigabytes of VRAM right now, if you have the 3 Gigs variant of this card it shouldn't be playable. 


Unfortunately, I’ve seen that 4 Gig cards at 1080p aren't playable in this game. It's just not enjoyable you know, but with 6 Gig cards you can have a lot of fun as I am telling you, I’m kind of getting a lot of kills right now beautiful, and I think I’m going to start counting FPS now. It seems like at 1080p low settings with 1060 you can get an average of above 60 FPS which is great, I’d expect a little bit better performance coming from a GTX 1060, but still, this is not too bad. 


Still, it is stuttering a little bit, going up against their massive explosion I like the explosions in this game by the way, and I think that if you're playing this game with 1060, the low settings are adequate for this card. Now, FPS has stabilized and it's not stuttering anymore I think this is good for the GTX 1060, super playable, and the game looks good, although it's low settings you know it still looks great, so, you're not missing out on much by not playing on high or medium, for example, and I think since we get 60 plus almost all of the time, and this is what I’d go for with the GTX 1060. 


1080p Medium Settings


Okay, here we go again, I just restarted the game for 1080p medium, and just joined the server. We're already kind of getting a little bit wrecked there, yeah let's leave it there, and let's count our FPS actually let’s see if it's playable here at medium’, I think it is, but again you don't really get that 60 plus FPS experience anymore. Unfortunately, this is not going to be everybody's cup of tea, but I think I could still play like this as long as it doesn't drop from 30 frames per second


I think a lot of people would still enjoy this game, I, for example, played a lot of Battlefield 3 back in the day with 40 45 frames per second on average, maybe 50, and I still had a ton of fun, so I don't see why you can't do that. Here, you're at a big disadvantage compared to other people, of course, but you can still play the game, you know, and die, and enjoy the graphics while dying. Now, that's just me I’m kidding, you guys can probably play better than me, we better get out of here. It's not too bad, it's mostly around 50 to 60 frames, and I can live with that for sure. 


Let's keep on moving here through the forests, and it doesn't seem like vegetation is too intensive in this game which is great to see, there are choppers everywhere, and I do not like this too much. So, inside of buildings you actually get less FPS to look at this 40s that's kind of bad, smoke effects are not intensive as well, see this 50s you get less FPS inside of here for some reason. 


Explosions are also not intensive in this game by the way, as I am telling you frames drop there, it's super smooth there hasn't been a single stutter since I started benchmarking medium settings that are because everything that needed to be loaded was already loaded from the low settings gameplay, and I don't know what to do about those things. I think we're just going to stop it there and join another one at high settings, this is not rage quitting it's just benchmarking. 


1080p High Settings


Here we go; 1080p high settings preset, and let's start counting our frames right away. At least while coming down things are pretty smooth, and looking really good on high, but of course, down there it's more intensive. It's probably going to drop into the 30s quite often. 


The FPS is dropping into this 30s as well, and let's just do this. That's really difficult to control with 30 something frames per second, although the FPS are low, FPS are very consistent, so I think you can still have fun on high settings which is very impressive coming from 1060. 


1080p Ultra Settings


I don't really want to do Ultra settings because I want to play the game, and it's going to be unplayable on Ultra because of the VRAM, but we got to do that, so I got to leave this game. Unfortunately, I was having fun right now even on high settings with 1060. All right finally 1080p ultra settings let's go yep as expected guys it is totally unplayable, and the frame time graph is horrible because the VRAM is completely maxed out. 


This happens in this game whenever the VRAM is maxed out, unfortunately, the ultra settings experience is not good at. It looks gorgeous though you can actually take some screenshots at these settings, and run around but not really play the game, and enjoy it at 13 FPS 1% lows at least, well I guess that's it for this article that frame time graph is basically dead at this point. 


Conclusion


If you want a 60 plus FPS experience all of the time and can compromise a little bit on the visuals 1080p Low Settings can provide you with that experience almost all of the time in Battlefield 2042 on the GTX 1060 6 Gig version of the card. But if you want a decent-looking game but can compromise on the FPS then I would like to suggest you play this game on 1080p medium settings.


You should not play on Ultra settings using 1060 at least during the Beta, of course, I will be testing this out again when the game releases testing, out all of the settings, and it should be a much better experience for sure. At least I really freaking hope so yeah that's been it thank you very much for reading this article hope you enjoyed it, and I’ll catch you in the next one very soon, as always love you all bye-bye.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.