Skip to main content

GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k

 

GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k

 Intro

Hello and welcome back to another article, in this one my friends, I’m going to be testing the Geforce GTX 970 3.5 Gigabyte GPU in Call of Duty Warzone Season 5, this one is the Asus Strix version of the card and it comes already overclocked out of the box. I pushed it a little bit further because it's quite a beefy cooler for a GTX 970. I’m running it with Ryzen 9 5900x and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks in this game with the GTX 970. Unfortunately, MSI Afterburner is not working the on-screen display, so, we got to go buy these metrics right here to see GPU utilization and stuff like that. In this article i am going to tell you the performance of GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone at 1080p, 1440p and on 4k a little bit.

GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k
GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k


1080p

So let's get into it, shall we? first of all, let's go through these settings real quick we're playing this one at 1080p resolution I might test a little bit of 1440p maybe some 4k, if I feel like it, I don't know most of you with GTX 970 should probably stick to 1080p in this game. By the way, we're using the low settings for that competitive experience. Here we go intro cutscene is always extremely intensive it did drop from 30 there but it doesn't matter whenever you're playing the game your FPS will be much higher and as always.


We're going to drop in the downtown area you can see that it's very close to 60 FPS at times at least looking at the map from above, so it might drop from 60 which is a little bit of a shame because I think the 970 back when this game released could do a little bit better than this, not sure though but yeah as you can see we're down here getting 60s to 80s. This is still a very smooth and playable experience don't get me wrong it touches 100 FPS at times look at that is amazing. 


Actually, considering that this game is super intensive these days and it gets broken with every single new update you know it gets more and more intensive at least the old GTX 970 is doing a pretty decent job at staying above 60 FPS. This building is also a little bit intensive it drops very close to 60 at times there.


By the way, I wish we could see 1% lows I’m not sure if that's the 99 FPS metric there in the Nvidia performance overlay, uh, maybe it is actually but it's always fluctuating. All right it's getting down into the 50s, by the way, this area is a little bit broken as well. We should move away from here actually you but this scared me a little bit now if you want a 60 plus FPS experience unfortunately it seems like you will need to drop your resolution to like 900p with the GTX 970 which is pretty dumb to be honest, like why this GPU should perform similarly to like a GTX 1060 Gigabyte. 


Maybe slightly faster than that one there we go and the 1060 Gigabyte was capable of running this game absolutely fine back when it released around 100 FPS on average. You know but not anymore now it drops from 60 FPS quite often, what the actual heck guess we're kind of stuck here. Aren't we? or maybe not. I like the experience here at 1080p it's not a very competitive one, unfortunately again because of those drops into the 50s at times.


2560 by 1440


Now at 2560 by 1440 everything is still the same here on the settings menu and uh yeah we are way below 60 FPS I just started discounting the FPS in MSI afterburner. It doesn't work right now we can't take averages I hate it Warzone developers you need to understand that MSI afterburner is a monitoring system it's not a cheat, don't start blocking things that do not cheat unless it helps, of course, if it helps with the cheating problem maybe we can overlook that average and 1% low metric you know and maybe just focus on the experience.

 

Were those his shadows? I was like my brain just froze for a second there I was thinking that those were my shadows guys in the walls and I was impressed that there were beautiful shadows like that even on low settings. Let’s play again with the team, oh yes, my team was awesome in this one. I mean maybe if you are just a casual player here in Warzone you can still have fun at 1440p. it's not like it's dropping into the 30s or the 20s, I think it's still playable yeah 19, 18. Geez! that's bad okay wait can I reload my gun with stopping power bullets here? Oh, I can't. I’m going to try to go up there and take a look at the entire city from above of course looking at the sky you get the 70s, 80s even pretty good.

 

GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k
GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k

Yeah, that's not the experience really looking at the entire city from here 45. This is a good gun, guys this SMG thingy looks way too tiny. what the hell is this? nail gun what there's a nail gun in Call of Duty what the hell also did you see that for some reason when I reloaded this gun the FPS dropped like hell once again, look at that 42, 36 and then back to 50 but if I look in that direction and do the same thing that doesn't happen see what I mean when I say that this game is broken guys like how is this acceptable.

 

It's just way too inconsistent what the combat bow, what the hell? are these new weapons? You know what let's try to get a kill with this thing it should be fun right or with the bow low settings shadows are looking pretty good. Let me just take a look and see if I am running low settings shadows because these look really good so shadow map resolution is low maybe those are the caches I don't know. We should try it out later with low cache values at 1080p resolution to see if there's a difference, well I think that's it for 1440p. I think it's still playable again but you should probably stick to 1080 with a GPU like this.

 

4k


Let's quickly test 3840 by 2160 which is 4k it's red right there, but it's only slightly over the maximum wait a second do we have the buggy shadows? no only there. Okay, good to know for somebody that runs a GT 710 and can't play this game even at 800 by 600 minimum settings they would probably be able to play this game at like around 25 to 35 frames per second. what if I reload this?


By the way, no it doesn't do much just imagine that getting a kill with the nail gun at 4k with a GTX 970 3.5 Gigabytes, we're getting 26, 25 inside of here this is pretty demanding it seems like that's the guy, I think that's him I want to kill you with the nail gun what if I use the combat pro. But yeah 4k forget it although we still managed to do something I don't think you should play like this.


1080p - Cache Disabled

  

Finally just for science 1080p resolution using the same lowest settings, but this time around I also disabled the caches right here cutscene again 20s. it's pretty much the same, we're getting around the same FPS once again guys it might be slightly slower without those options the cash options enabled because yeah 57 there, yeah it probably is so I would keep those settings enabled.

 

GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k
GTX 970 in Call of Duty Warzone - 1080p, 1440p, and 4k

Even with the GTX 970 because I wouldn't want to enable them with a 3.5 Gigabyte card because it consumes more VRAM, if you do enable them but it seems like it doesn't hinder your performance. It actually helps it a little bit you know maybe like 2, 3 FPS maximum, so that's been it my friends thank you very much for reading this article, hope you guys enjoyed it don't forget to comment your queries if you have any related to my article. 


I hope this was informative for you again if you really need 60 plus all of the time 100 of the time 900p will be the resolution to go with this card it pains me to say this because the GTX 970 is a pretty capable GPU still but yeah Warzone is just that demanding. Thanks very much for watching again as always love you all bye-bye.


Also read Intel HD 4000 in GTA V with and without Shadows - All Settings


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1060 || Performance of GTX 1060 in  Battlefield 2042 Beta Intro Hello and welcome back to another article this one my friends I’m going to be testing a  Geforce GTX 1060 Gigabyte in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we're running it using the latest AMD, it's because the last article was the 1050 ti. We're using the latest Nvidia drivers 472.12. This one is the MSI gaming X version of the card, it comes already overclocked out of the box, and I’m not pushing it further as I am telling you here, and as usual, I’m running it on a Ryzen 9 5900X and 32 Gigabytes of RAM to avoid any CPU or RAM bottlenecks, after all, we are testing the GPU here. So, we don't want to bottleneck it if we did bottleneck it we would be testing the CPU.

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti || Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta

Best Settings to play Battlefield 2042 Beta on GTX 1050ti ||  Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta   Intro Hello and welcome back to another article, and in this one, I am going to be testing the Geforce GTX 1050 ti in Battlefield 2042 Beta , and we are using the latest Nvidia drivers at the time of writing this article which is 472.12. It is the Asus Trix version of the card, and I overclocked it a little bit here,  plus   100   megahertz  on the core clock, plus  250 on the memory clock . 

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K

RX 580 in Battlefield 1 at 1080p, 1440p and 4K Intro Welcome back to another article, in this one my friends I’m going to be testing the RX 580 Gigabyte in Battlefield 1 and yeah I  just noticed that I didn't have an article on the RX 580 in Battlefield 1. Since Battlefield 1 is one of my favourite games to play right now, I thought I'd do it today. So, this is RX 580 8 gigabyte, this is the XFX GTX version of the card we are of course running the latest AMD drivers with it.